It’s Friday! Woo-hoo! We made it through another work week. I only have 4 more work days after today until we leave for the BEACH, so I’m already counting down the days. I thought I’d end the work week by sharing my top 5 highlights from this week.
- Date night! Okay, so technically that was last Saturday night, but I’m counting it for this week. Aaron and I got to spend some much needed time together. One of Turner’s teachers came over to babysit, so we took off for a night out. We had dinner at the Grand Luxe Café and then saw Fiddler on the Roof. We’ve probably seen about 10-12 musicals together now, so it’s kind of our “thing.” I didn’t know anything about Fiddler on the Roof before this, but I really enjoyed it! It was a funny love story that had a lot of moral significance as well. Great show! On our way home, we stopped in to III Forks and got crème brûlée for dessert. It was uh-mazing!
- The Olympics! Oh my goodness I am such an Olympics nut! I love watching as much as I possibly can! My favorites are (like many people) gymnastics, track and field, diving, and swimming. I was so proud to see a Southern Miss girl representing on the track!
- I can see! I finally got fitted for my contact lenses. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. I knew my eyesight was not great, but it’s amazing what a difference it makes to see clearly. It was really, really hard for me to actually get the contacts out of my eyes, but hopefully that will get easier with time. I picked out some glasses, too, and those will be in next week.
- Success! I got 4 new clients for Tags & Pins this week! Whoop whoop! I haven’t even advertised or pushed it anymore lately, but 4 different people approached me to drop off their items. I absolutely love my little side business and can’t wait to do it again in the spring.
- Money! Aaron and I met with a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider to discuss our investment accounts. We are currently unimpressed with where our investments are now, so it was so nice to talk with someone to get some clear direction about our savings goals. I’m now even more motivated to reach our goals ASAP.
Oh, and a bonus is that the weather here was in the 80’s all week. Seriously. In North Texas in mid-August. This is unheard of, but I love it! I hope you all had a good week as well! Enjoy the weekend!
One thought on “Fri-yay!”
Love hearing about what’s going on in your mind and with your family!